Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter: The Bill Hicks Version


I don't listen to a lot of stand-up comedy, simply because I've never really liked a lot of what I've heard. Or maybe everyone just pales in comparison to my favorite comedian of all time - Bill Hicks. Sadly, Hicks never achieved the success and fame he deserved during his short lifetime. He died of pancreatic cancer at the tender age of 32.

Given that it's Easter Sunday I thought I'd share with you a brief bit he did on Easter. Bear in mind that it contains some profanity. Enjoy!


Bill Hicks on Easter



If you'd like to learn more about Bill Hicks, here are a few useful links:

Official Page

Wikipedia Entry

Notable Quotes

Video Excerpts

1 comment:

Michael Bell said...

Keil,

Saw your post today on Indiewire's oscar predictions and wanted to contact you to say hi. We should also probably talk about movies. Just as fodder my top movies (i.e. every film I have seen this year that I liked) are listed below in order of preference. The list is subject to adjustment. Also, the only two movies that I saw this year and didn't like were The Killer Inside Me and Nowhere Boy. I should mention as well that the last three entries on my list are there grudgingly (which, to judge from your post on Indiewire, you may take umbrage...I agree with your post...I just don't necessarily think Nolan deserves it as much as he might have for previous films).

Best regards,

Mike Bell
mdbell38@gmail.com


1. Never Let Me Go
2. The Social Network
3. Winter’s Bone
4. Animal Kingdom
5. Exit Through the Gift Shop
6. The Kids Are All Right
7. Catfish
8. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
9. Kick-Ass
10. A Prophet
11. The Town
12. Toy Story 3
13. Waiting for Superman
14. Inside Job
15. Mesrine: Killer Instinct/Mesrine: Public Enemy No. 1
16. Let Me In
17. Valhalla Rising
18. The American
19. Double Take
20. Iron Man 2
21. Inception
22. Vision
23. A Film Unfinished